Day 12 Twelve Things You Are Grateful For
June 12, 1942. Anne Frank received a diary for her birthday.
June 12, 2014. The last time I allowed the 12th to be a day of monthly mourning and depression for me. The next month, when the 12th rolled around, I chose to be grateful for the things and people I have rather than being depressed because of what I had lost.
Tell about a dozen things you are grateful to have in your life. It could be people, things, memories, etc. (Yes, I cheated on this one since I do this every month anyway.)
I am thankful for:
- My husband, who just helped me put clean sheets on the bed because he knows it hurts my back.
- Old friends we saw at a graduation party tonight. Lots of them.
- New friends I’ll see at church tomorrow.
- My four children.
- My nine grandchildren
- My in-laws and in-law to-be.
- My Bible, which really should be higher up the list, but how can you prioritize something like this?
- My Savior.
- Music, all kinds.
- The refreshing orange juice I’m drinking right now
- The bed we just made, which I’m looking forward to using in just a few minutes.