Days 6 Six Sounds You Love or Hate
June 6, 1944. The Young Men’s Christian Association (YMCA) was founded in London.
Are you a fan of the song YMCA by The Village People? Or do you hate it?
Write about and share six songs or artists you love or six songs you hate. This is a chance to learn how to embed media in a post.
I don’t really remember the YMCA song. Don’t know if I ever heard the whole thing.
So here I six sounds I hate:
1.A screaming child in the grocery store. I seem to have a knack for picking the times that clueless moms bring their little tyrants to the store. They scream, cry, even heard one make himself gag with his screaming the other day. Maybe I’ll start wearing my earplugs.
2. Screeching brakes outside my office, followed by a crumping noise. My office is at the bottom of a long hill, and people pay no attention to the warning signs that this is a reckless driver area.
3. Sirens in the night. Somehow they seem much worse than in the day, but I don’t like those either.
4. Whispering. If you need to whisper so others can’t hear, then take your little secret somewhere else. Whispering is hissy. Makes me think of snakes.
5. The thump-thump-whump of heavy metal, or whatever they call their music these days, coming from a closed-in car that I can’t even see yet. My word. We’re going to have a nation of deaf people.
6. The loud, angry, senseless yelling of a mob. Terrifying.
And six sounds I love:
- Bird song, even early in the morning.
- Waterfalls, rivers, breakers on the ocean, heavy rain. Last night we got caught in a real gullywasher on our way to church. Visibility was keeping traffic at a slow crawl. Even though I knew the danger, I loved the sound of all that water being wrung out of the clouds by the hand of the God Who made it all.
- Little kids singing together. It’s often quite discordant, but they’re joyful, and they’re giving it their best
- Expertly-played violin. Or any other strings. Or all of them together.
- Laughter that is innocent, joyous, not snarky. Nothing like a good bellylaugh.
- The noise when all my kids and grandkids are here at the same time. The walls of the house reverberate. I love it.