Do you feel uncomfortable when you see someone else being embarrassed? What’s most likely to make you squirm?
Things that make me squirm:
1. Husbands and wives berating each other in public
2. Couples sucking face and putting hands in private places–in public.
3. A child being screamed at in public .
4. A parent being screamed at by a child in public or anywhere else.
5. Seeing someone I know get pulled over by a police officer.
6. Watching an elderly person being scolded because of the impatience of a service person or a caregiver, or anyone else who is irritated by the slowness of said elderly person. In those situations, I have been known to intervene.
7. Seeing a server in a restaurant being humiliated by an angry diner.
8. Seeing a rude server humiliating a customer.
I guess that just about covers it. I am rarely embarrassed by something that happens to me in public. It’s usually worth a good belly laugh. But I really hate seeing other people being embarrassed, or doing embarrassing things.
PS: I wrote this at 9:30 this morning, forgot to put the pingback on. Sigh.