You’re given unlimited funds to plan one day full of any and all luxuries you normally can’t afford. Tell us about your extravagant day with as much detail as possible.
1. Hire a crew to finish the kitchen.
2. Hire a crew to clean every nook and cranny of my house, basement to attic. The cleaning would include setting up the most advanced technology against allergies like mine, which include dust, mold, and mildew.
3. Hire a crew to renovate my main bathroom (before the cleaning crew comes!)
4. Send my car out for complete overhaul and repairs so Terry doesn’t have to mess with it any more. Or why not buy a new one with a lifetime service warranty!
While all that is going on, I would:
5. Fly my whole family to maybe DisneyWorld or somewhere amazing to spend the day together just having fun. Caterers would take care of the food. A major department store would send reps out with clothing to outfit everyone for the day. All our needs would be seen to by whatever hotel we stayed at. No work, all play.
6. I would go online and order every book I’ve ever wanted to read or re-read to be sent to my sparkling clean, renovated house and arranged by author on the new shelving in my bedroom, study, and maybe basement. It would require LOTS of room 🙂
7. I would hire the best medical team I could find to work on Terry’s ailing back and foot.
8. I would buy the newest, most comfortable bed with luxurious sheets and bedding that would last me for the rest of my life. No, I would hire someone to take care of that for me and have it all set up for when we get back home from our day of play and fun in the sun. At the end of this day, I would be tired enough to fall into this magical cloud of a bed and melt against the smooth, rich sheets as my eyelids slide shut.
A lot would be packed into this one day, providing us things we could enjoy for the rest of our lives.
What a wonderful fairy tale!